Yes. Turbo Tax is a legit American income tax preparation software package. It is the most popular and widely used tax software in the country. Many consumers use it since several years to file their annual tax returns. The free version of Turbo Tax does not take any portion of your return. You do not need to fill out those tax forms and it saves tons of time.
The company was started by its the parent division: Intuit.
What is it used for?
Turbo Tax software guides its customers step-by-step to file their tax returns. It can be used to file both state and federal income tax returns. It is available in different versions such as TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Deluxe, etc. Its software offers additional assistance through Audit Defense from TaxResources, Inc. to taxpayers for their self-prepared returns. Its software uses the most innovative technology and is updated with the latest tax laws.
It is widely used because of the following features:
- Number one best selling tax software
- Over 25 years experience and taxes done right
- Guarantees maximum tax refund
- Offers over 350 deductions
- Provides one-on-one audit help
- Guarantees 100% accurate calculation
- Easy to use application interface
What non-legit tax software looks like?
Non-legit tax software may attempt to steal your personal information and infect your device or computer with malware. It is advised to never open an email link or webpage from a suspicious or unknown source. The IRS guides all the taxpayers to forward suspicious email links from unknown tax software providers to [email protected].
Non-legit tax software applications may use the following tricks to steal personal data:
- Phishing scams – fake IRS emails may be forwarded to trick taxpayers to update records to process their tax return
- Malicious and fake web ads – consumers may click and download malware without knowledge assuming it to be from legitimate e-file companies
- File bogus returns – money can be transferred to their offshore accounts through stolen personal data
- New users can receive TurboTax experts’ help live on-screen and watch as they guide them to file their tax return
- The main advantage that many TurboTax users gain is that its software guarantees accurate calculations
- Turbo Tax team runs thousands of error checks and you can file after they double-check your tax return
- It assures to pay you the penalty and interest if there was a calculation error made by TurboTax software and you were obligated to pay an IRS or state penalty and interest
- com assures that you are eligible to receive fastest tax refund when tax return is filed electronically
- It is the best, free online tax filing option with simple, user-friendly interface
- The disadvantage of using TurboTax software is it charges an additional fee of $34.99 if you choose to pay the fees from your federal tax refund
- Its price tag may be high compared to other options
- com no longer offers the “audit risk” feature
- Some customers may consider that the Turbo tax program is not very “user friendly”.